Saturday, November 12, 2011

We've Only Just Begun Playing In The Dark...

This one's off the cuff, just me riffing.  Hang on...

So, the book is out!  As of 11-11-11, as I have been saying all along, my book, The Dark is Light Enough for Me, is out. 

Did you buy your copy yet?  Well, let's hop to it (please; yes, I understand proper manners, please and thank you, actually).
;-)

And for those of you who have bought it, I sincerely thank you!  I hope you enjoy the frolic through my weird and warped mind.  

Good stuff to do: review it, "like" it on the sellers pages--you know, Amazon and B&N and OmniLit, with more to come--love it, question my sanity, yeah, the whole deal.

But if you think in 2011 that's it, well...No.
Absolutely not!

Spreading the word and promoting sales is part of a writer's life.  What?  You thought we only wrote our books and let The Universe deal with sales?  The times they are a changin'...er, wait! The Times Have Already Changed.  Expecially for a writer getting his first book out there.

So, yes, I will be running around online, looking to talk to anybody about it--bloggers and horror sites and whoever, wherever; I am ready for interviews, guest blogs, whatever it takes to promote a book I am proud of.  I'm sure we'll work out giveaways and more.  I mentioned reviews up there, well, if you are a magazine reviewer, show me what you got, and please contact me via my email; actually interview folks and mags can do the same.
 jcsmith0919@yahoo.com

See, I told you I was riffing.  I hope this makes sense.  Primarily, it's just me saying, there's a lot more to do! HELP! 

But, the main thing amidst all of this--being consistent in promoting it without being annoying--is that I actually feel like I can get back to some real writing again.

Real writing--what's that?

Well, I have the second draft of my third novel to dig into--my agent is shopping around the first two--a short story I am shaping for a specific magazine, plus a few more besides that.  Poetry, lovely poetry.  And even research and what-not for the novel that follows the one in progress.

So, if you were wondering, yes, being a writer is not simply about writing.  But that's ultimately what it comes down to in the long run.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled internet surfing; or, for those into the Dark Stuff, go ahead, get back to reading the collection.

;-)


This is what happens when you tell your brother your book is out and he says, oh, and I found your blog, too, but what's with the weird picture.  Yeah, thanks a lot, bro...






No comments:

Post a Comment